Ambystoma mexicanum/Axolotl

darkangel

I have a axolotl that is about 7" long, From day one this guy/girl/it has not eaten anything except NLS & shrimp pellets.

I've had guppies, mollies, swordtails, white clouds, and krib fry in with this guy in the past and all have survived.

There is 14 white clouds and 3 cories in the tank with it now, The cories are a bit small so they may become lunch.

What other tank mates may be possible for a clean up crew, I do know that none are recamended, but there has been tank mates in the past with no casualties. Tank is 25 gal heavily planted low-med light (2.5wpg) with fine sand substrate and hidy holes for all occupants. Any suggestions will be appreciated and studied before a choice is made.

Edited by darkangel

My husband has an 11" axolotl and a 6" axolotl in with an apple snail and a couple of japanese trap door snails. Neither axolotl has ever bothered the snails.

Is the 6 incher the one he got at the auction after the caoac show?

I know the apple snails eat plants, do the japanese trap door snails munch on plants

Is the 6 incher the one he got at the auction after the caoac show?

I know the apple snails eat plants, do the japanese trap door snails munch on plants

No, he's in a different tank. This one is a natural color (so kind of greenish). Japanese trap doors don't eat plants but need lots of algae to survive and thrive.