Plants Dying or Adjusting?

NomiDemekin

Probably just adjustment. A lot of commercially propagated plants (Tropica, etc.) are grown emergent. It sometimes takes a bit of time for them to adjust to submerged growth. Since you're seeing new growth, it should be fine.

Probably just adjustment. A lot of commercially propagated plants (Tropica, etc.) are grown emergent. It sometimes takes a bit of time for them to adjust to submerged growth. Since you're seeing new growth, it should be fine.

Thats good to know. Still, this is my first time with a planted tank, and even though I've been researching as much as I can, I'm still terrified I'll unwittingly kill my plants. But that's just me being paranoid.

Don't worry, I'm sure we're all killed a few plants in our time!!

Just a few???? Haha I must have a brown thumb because I have killed several....

Oddly enough, I'm having more trouble with my pogostemon helferi than my HC. I think it's because in my obsession in getting the HC planted right I clumped the pogostemon too closely together. I spread them out a bit more, and I'm going to wait and see if that helps.

I don't think it was necessarily because you clumped it too close together, but it definitely helps when you separate them and eventually they will fill in.