Xystichromis sp. kyoga flameback

darkangel

I picked up these awsome fish from Patrick. Today I was sitting on the sofa looking at the african tank, and I saw my dominate male laying on a rock. My first thought was that he croaked, until I stood up and seen one of the females picking up eggs and nipping at his anal fin. I tried to take pics, but I'm not Patrick and they did'nt turn out.

The female now has such a large mouthful that her gill plates and mouth don't even close all the way. I will move her out to another tank soon.

I also have an F1 yellow lab holding, but they are so common that I will not be keeping any fry.

I picked up these awsome fish from Patrick. Today I was sitting on the sofa looking at the african tank, and I saw my dominate male laying on a rock. My first thought was that he croaked, until I stood up and seen one of the females picking up eggs and nipping at his anal fin. I tried to take pics, but I'm not Patrick and they did'nt turn out.

The female now has such a large mouthful that her gill plates and mouth don't even close all the way. I will move her out to another tank soon.

I also have an F1 yellow lab holding, but they are so common that I will not be keeping any fry.

Awesome, how did he look while spawning? Nice and bright red?

He looked like he was a deep cherry red and the lower portion by his tail was so green that it looked black, and a nice streak of yellow between the green and red. He has been dressed to party for about a week. Finally won his prize.