Dead Male OB Peacock

wishe

I came home from work today, and my Male Ob was dead. He looked fine before I went to work, he breed the other week with 2 of the females, but he was floating when I got home. I checked Ph, Nitrate, and Nitrite and ammonia... everything seemed fine. All I have done lately is put a big Pelco (Sail Fin from another tank) in the 90 Gallon with my peacocks are in the other day.... What else could it be?

Several things could have gone wrong . He could have knocked himself out hitting the glass and drowned for instance. Keep an eye on the others to check for stress. If you find nothing else in the next couple days it may just have been a singular thing with him alone. Sorry for your loss . Hopefully you'll have others to take his place.

I will thanks.... I have a another bigger OB male, in the same tank, which in fact is a nicer looking OB, but the smaller one was the boss, I was wondering if the other finally bellied up to him and took him out, or if the pleco maybe attacked him. What should I be looking for with stress???

Heavy breathing , hiding ( usually up in a corner, trying to be invisible), fins that are not out fully, somewhat clamped. Being lazy and hanging around the bottom, not eating etc. They should be swimming around most of the time , chasing each other, fins open just looking sprite.