New to sumps

jewels

I have purchased a 75G set up complete with sump. Is it possible to retain CO2 in a system like this? I enjoy plants in all my aquariums. There is certainly enough light available to get the job done; although, I am concerned I will be wasting my time ( and money!) if it is to violent to retain CO2.

Will deep water run still? :eh:

Edited by jewels

You will maximize the plants use of the CO2 if you inject the CO2 in the Return from your sump. You can also set the pipe coming from the tank so that it is the below that water line of you sump that way you will not bleed off too much CO2.

It also depends on the set up of your sump. Tank set ups that have the overflow box leading to the sump will have more CO2 loss than a sump with the intake at the bottom of the tank. You can also add stuff to an overflow box to help the water not flow down like a water fall. You will also want the compartments set up in a way so that there isn't alot of surface movement going on. But you will definitely see more CO2 loss with a sump system than with a canister filter.