New Super Delta!

NomiDemekin

Well, I guess Bettas are addictive after all (just like goldfish, but unlike goldfish I actually have space for more bettas). So I picked up this little guy from the store I'm working at. We got them in labeled as halfmoons, but some were super deltas. Now, I've yet to see this guy flare (he will not do it for a mirror and since he did rip his tail on the fake plant, removed asap, I do not want to place him next my plaket to try and get him to flare and stress him out), so I'm not absolutely sure what his tail type is, but I'm leaning towards super delta.

P5190540.jpg

P5190512.jpg

P5160496.jpg

As well, I'm not entirely sure what to call his color. I've seen it before (on aquabid) but I cannot for the life of me remember the term.

gorgeous betta! and i would say super delta too, since it doesn't look like his back fin would flare out fully to a 180 degree (which is the determining factor for half moon).

i think the colour would be considered tri colour, as his fins do show three different colours. if the red was all through the fin with a crisp edge to the black on the ends and there was no other colour then i think he would be considered butterfly pattern. he may also be considered 'black mask' (i've heard this term in a few places) due to the black on his face.