Stimulation

Raven

ok, im tired of waiting around for something to happen. So how do you stilulate chilids to breed? or maybe some of the others i have, all are listed below.

so you are trying to get your Acei and perlmutts to breed??

How big/old are they? I found that once africans reach sexual maturity its rather hard to get them to not breed. Even in less then ideal conditions africans will breed. Once they start you can't stop them.

Maybe yours just aren't old enough yet. Are you sure you have a good male/female ratio? have you seen them trying to breed( circling, females holding but swallowing).

You are going to need to give us a bit mroe info.

If your fish are of breeding age and you have males and females then try feeding a good quality food and doing a large water change(with a bit cooler water) usually gets thigns going. My fish always would breed right after a water change.

Im dont want them breeding with each other, just to there own species, but i cant really seporate them. I dont know the m/f ratio for the acies, only that there is 6 of them. For the perlmutts its 1 m/3 f. the bigest of the acies is 3-3.5 inches, the biggest perlmutt is 2.5. So i guess they are too young still. the A Spelndeds are about 1-1.5. But its cooler watter eh? Ive always put warmer water in at a water change.