aquaclear 110 making clicking sound

Normaly a clicking sound indicates a piece of debris either in the impeller area or directly in the housing. Remove the filter and take the motor assembly off the casing, pull the assembly out of the housing and whipe it out with a Q-tip rinse it out and reassemble it. This should cure the problem.

Normaly a clicking sound indicates a piece of debris either in the impeller area or directly in the housing. Remove the filter and take the motor assembly off the casing, pull the assembly out of the housing and whipe it out with a Q-tip rinse it out and reassemble it. This should cure the problem.

Cleaned it all out and still making a ticking noise like the impller is hitting the housing

Check the impeller itself and how it fits on the shaft. If something got in there and caused it to rotate a short time while imbalanced it can actually cause it to wear a 'wobble' into itself. The impeller should spin freely, but have almost no motion side-to-side on the shaft. One grain of sand in the wrong part at the wrong time will cause all kinds of havoc...

I have not looked at a 110 in a while (mine are stored and the wife will kill me for digging around at this time of night) but is there little rubber nubbins on the ends of the impeller shaft to cushion/support it? Is one of these possibly missing, causing the impeller shaft to move while operating? I know most canister filters have this, and they can be a pain... 110 is a big unit with a big impeller; might be a similar build.

Impellers are (sortof) cheap to buy and if it doesn't fix the problem can sometimes be returned (check with the store, obviously) or can be kept for later... you'll need to replace it, someday!