Aggressive Agassizii? Picking on Rams?

lt1fj40

Do I have an overly aggressive agassizii? I just introduced a new agassizzii yesterday morning and every since then he swims around and chases every ram, Unidentified Apisto, cacatuoides and out of their caves (Rams more then the others...the others dont care about their caves as much). The agassizzi is the biggest out of all cichlids in the tank.

Just to give you a background on my tank it is a 80 gallon with a big stack of rocks creating like 20 or so caves..the rock pile is about 3.5 feet across and about 18~20 inches tall.

Fish list includes:

1 agassizzii

2 Rams (blue and bolivian)

2 cacatuoides

2 unidentified apisto's

6 gold tetra's

6 tiger barbs

6 Black Phantom Tetra's

6 rummy nose Tetra's

6 Serpae Tetra's

3 Denison Barb's

2 Gold Algae Eater's

5 vampire crabs

I am not sure but I think since the new agassizii has been put in the Bolivian Ram has lost some color, do you think he is stressed? The Rams are about 1" and the agassizii is about 1.5~2".

The only thing i can think of is why he doesn't just pick his own cave is because the fish can swim behind the rocks and all the cave kinda interconnect.

Could it just be because they are setting order in the tank and he is bigger and stuff should calm down?

Oh on second note...how many rams can I have..Man I love those guys!!

Thanks!

Rob.

Edited by lt1fj40