My first tank

riflemn

post-4261-1248235185_thumb.jpgJust setting up my first Cichlid tank 55 us Gal. Einham 2217 and heater. I am still working on the decor and rocks and have just put 2 rainbows in to cycle the tank. Your suggestions and comments are welcome Edited by riflemn

Very good start . I'd suggest placing the rocks kind of together and off to one side. Balance this with bunches of plants on the other . One thing I've learned from other members here , use only one type of rock, it looks much more natural .

Have fun with it , it's an addictive hobby with tons of growth potential ;)

Very good start . I'd suggest placing the rocks kind of together and off to one side. Balance this with bunches of plants on the other . One thing I've learned from other members here , use only one type of rock, it looks much more natural .

Have fun with it , it's an addictive hobby with tons of growth potential ;)

Thanks for your suggestions. I am still looking for more rocks so I can make it higher. Seems I live in the NE end of Edmonton and all the good fish stores are in the south:-)

One thing you can do to save money, is by using river rock...if you go to your local burnco or landscaping company or even the actual river you can score some awesome natural rock. I found lava rock on vacation in Oregon, though i`m sure I wasn`t actually allowed to ;)