Empty 120g

Joseph Elliott

I have an empty 120 gallon that I want to put larger predatory fish in, I don't really know whats out there that I can keep. I am thinking maybe peacock bass but feel free to toss any ideas my way. I want something that doesnt hide all the time and can keep a group of - say 3 or so.

Thanks for your help,

Joseph

Guest Master of Puppets

Well PBass would be a horrible idea seeing they are to big for the tank. A jardini arowana would work for life but thats alone in the tank with no tank mates seeing they get pretty agressive. Silver dollars would work they grow big and swim in schools and are lots of fun to watch and can be kept with a wide variety of fish. Bichirs are another option they are really cool and come in different varieties. A Knife fish would work such as a ghost knife or a grown knife or the harder to find glass/green knife. In my 125 i have a small pair of juvie sting rays i aquired from skynoch at a great price, a school of giant dainos, a ghost knife, a spotted eel, and a pair of apollo sharks and they really cool to watch.

I know it says you want oddballs but have you ever laid eyes on a full grown male green terror? I love mine and its just beautiful and would work perfect in a tank like that but it is a little harder to find tank mates for.

Arowana don't interest me, and thanks for the heads up on the p-bass. I haven't seen many large adult chiclids in person so feel free to post pictures. Oddballs aren't neccessary just looking for predatory, something showy, and it doesnt have to be over large. I really like the look of bass/ perch etc so since i can't keep native species perhaps someone has sunfish or something?