tricky eye problem (pic are up...not getting any better........)

willis

i bought 2 armatus from the states and they are my dream fish, but on the second day they arrive,

one of them started to develope this white all over the whole left eye and the eye was swelling.

i went to gold aquarium and they gave me FURAN. three days later the swelling was gone, but there's

this solid white "INSIDE" the outer cover of the eye just covering the pupil. the fish seem to be

blinded on that one side and i'm one 4th day treatment, it stayed that way and not improving.

anyone had the same problem? what kind of infection is this? any suggestions?

thanks everyone!

Edited by willis

Seeing as the inside of the eye is still white, it's going to be blind on that side. I've had it happen to me before.

really? sigh......

My Mannie piranha had the same problem when I bought him. It was an injury to his eye that he just received when I got him. Check out this post on piranha-fury and it shows pics and such. I believe I used mela-fix and salt. If I remember the eye kind of popped where the white patch was and healed up as good as new.Eye problem

Edited by t-man

• 2 weeks later...

I had a black skirt tetra, one of the first fish I ever got, injure his eyes on both sides, very much like the pics on this post. Kind of a white spot over the centre of the eye. If it's any consolation, this tetra is now 7 years old, happy and fine, navigates easily throughout the tank and around plants, and even chases other fish once in a while. I know it looks terrible, but the fish will be ok, I think.

P.S. at first I thought it was a contagious infection and treated it as such but have never had another fish with this problem

:boxed: