hob skimmers

Brian G

have a 120 gal marine tank with a HOB filter and some underwater jets, would like to put a HOB skimmer on it is there any suggestions on what I could use any good names and sizes?

From what I have heard, Deltec MCE600 are very reliable and good. If I didn't have a sump, I would have bought one.

I would check out peoples' thoughts on reefcentral.com in the equipment section. Generally in the bigger tanks, like above 55g, people prefer a sump skimmer.

I'm running an Aqua C remora on a 24 gal, works well but wouldn't be big enough for 110. My 110 gal has a deltec 600 on it, only had it running for a couple weeks so don't have a lot of experience with it, it seems good, reviews are also good. The deltec can run hob or in sump. Also have a Tunze and like it, they make internal and external versions of them.

Do lots of research and don't buy a cheap piece of crap, it will only cost you more in the long run.