30 Gallon Stocking

Can Aqua

I have just set up a fresh water 30 gallon aquarium and am having trouble deciding what to stock it with. I have been in the aquarium hobby for about 3 years and currently have a 10 gallon freshwater planted with some guppies and a 28 gallon saltwater nano HQI. Both tanks are doing very well and are constantly growing. With the new 30 gallon I am still deciding what to put in it. I want to stock the tank with fish that are interesting and have a personality. I am looking at cichlids but I don’t know where to start in researching them. Any help would be great….Thanks in advance.

I have just set up a fresh water 30 gallon aquarium and am having trouble deciding what to stock it with. I have been in the aquarium hobby for about 3 years and currently have a 10 gallon freshwater planted with some guppies and a 28 gallon saltwater nano HQI. Both tanks are doing very well and are constantly growing. With the new 30 gallon I am still deciding what to put in it. I want to stock the tank with fish that are interesting and have a personality. I am looking at cichlids but I don’t know where to start in researching them. Any help would be great….Thanks in advance.

here is agood website if you are just getting started in cichlids

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/

I find myself offering up more and more the idea of keeping Tanganyikan shell dwellers...they're fish that typically spend most of their time in and around their shells. www.cichlid-forum.com has lots of pics/info on them and they all have their own little personalities and quirks. You probably won't find many of them in pet stores, but there are several people who are breeding them and selling them.

Unfortunately, there are so many choices as to what to stock in your new tank, but that's also half the fun of it too...good luck on the hunt for your new fish kids!