rohm tank mates

loki

An update on my red bellies. I've had them for uhhh... about 3 months now I guess, they are now almost 5 inches big amazingly. I got them when they were probably 1 inch or so. I'm amazed at how fast they grew. My pleco is still living large in the tank and still chases them, he has had a couple fins nipped but they have grown back fine. The one P I have with one eye which I call "popeye" :) always gets picked on, his fins are pretty beat up most of the time. He is hilarious though, he can't see the food most of the time and he swims at an angle hahah. They ate all the guppies I had, except one, plus the guppies had babies before they got eaten so now I got about 4 more small ones once again. I introduced some very small minnow feeder fish about a month ago and they are still alive, I believe because the P's can't catch them yet.

The most interesting thing to me is that I decided to buy some larger feeder fish for them for the first time. I saw some black belt cichlids that are about 2-3 inches and they were on sale for cheap so I got two of them. I threw them in the tank and Piranhas were chasing them quite a lot, but when it came down to it they would hesitate. They pretty much ate both of their tail fins, but that's about it. Now the last couple of days it's the black belts that are chasing the Piranhas, I don't get it! lol