Fulham WorkHorse 5 ballast wiring problem

catshanon

I want to run a 96W square type 4 pin CF bulb with a Fulham WorkHorse 5 (WH5) ballast as my old ballast gave out. I got the Fulham from Litemore and have looked at their wiring diagram. The problem that I am facing is that the WH5 has 4 red wires and one yellow wire. The WH5 supports a total of 132 Watts, so I need 3 red wires for my 96Watt. According to the wiring diagram of Fulham, I need to jumper the contacts of the bulb socket as shown here.

WiringDiagram.gif

Wiring diagram of Fulham for WH5. I am doing the wiring on the left ( 4 pin CF bulb).

wire12.gif

My old Sunpaq ballast came with a 4 pin bulb connector and I want to reuse that with the WH5 ballast. I have cut of the red and blue wires of the old ballast and want to hook the red and blue wires to the WH5 ballast. Here is a picture of the old Sunpaq ballast.

cu_ballast_96w.jpg

All I need to do is jumper the red and blue wires coming out from the 4 pin socket as shown in the bottom picture. This was obtained after a lot of googling and the person who has done this is in Virginia and a member of Nano-reef forum. Before I asked him, I thought I will ask for local help.

JumperingDiagram.gif

I had connected the 3 red wires from the WH5 ballast to the 2 red wires of the socket and the yellow to the 2 blue of the socket, but that didn't work.

I hope people here can help me out with the jumpering part as I believe thats all that is missing.

Many thanks in advance.

Raj