Is there such a thing as to much light on a planted tank?

Knowzilla

Is there such a thing as to much light on a planted tank?

I currently have 2 6000k bulbs over my planted tank and used to have 2 5000k bulbs.

After adding the 6000k bulbs my hornwart that was doing really well, started to die off.

Should I stick with my 2 6000k bulbs or switch back to my 2 5000k bulbs. They are 48" T5's.

Yes, you can have too much light. However, I don't think that's the issue you're having.

2 T5's (2x28W) is very minimal light for a 4' tank. Did you mean 2 T5HO's? 5000K vs 6000K shouldn't make much of a difference unless the new bulbs are significantly deficient in part of the spectrum.

How long have you had the hornwort? Any other changes in the tank?

Yes, you can have too much light. However, I don't think that's the issue you're having.

2 T5's (2x28W) is very minimal light for a 4' tank. Did you mean 2 T5HO's? 5000K vs 6000K shouldn't make much of a difference unless the new bulbs are significantly deficient in part of the spectrum.

How long have you had the hornwort? Any other changes in the tank?

The hornwort I have had for over a year and always did very well, had to cut back. The lighting is the only change to the tank. I also just started using excel a couple of days ago but woundered if I should use some sort of iron fert as well to get my plants to grow better. I even have a DYI co2 system running up till I started using the excel.