Unexpected baby Mollies!!!

BleedingHeart

I was gazing into the tanks as it was slow going this afternoon, and what I thought was a turd turned out to be a baby Molly!! I looked some more and saw two for sure. They survived the wrath of the filter and of their adults!!! Maybe I was waaay to excited for what it was, but YAY baby Mollies!

Congrats!!!!

If you have lots of plants (real or plastic), i have seen mollies and other live barers like guppies or sword's fry survive. If you with to keep them and have them grow, catch them and keep them seperate in thier own breeding tank (the plasic breeder tanks are good to use while they are small), just in case their parents do get hungry as they will eat them if the get the chance.

When they grow to be bigger than the largest mouth in your tank... you should be albe to let them go in your tank.

make sure you read some of the other threads about feeding them.

I just used to crush up flake food. They will eat it but it may stunt their growth as they need lots of protien.

baby brine shrimp is suggested, but at your LFS there should be fry food. it usually isn't too expensive, and last a long time.

hope they live!!!!

nevchewy