My 29G!

Raven

Looks like your other black barb, you thought may be a tetra is a ruby barb. One of my fav fishes, adult males are exceptional fish. Yours looks like a male... it's face should turn red and body jet black as it matures... tiger barbs may give it a hard time as it matures, as rubies like to spar a lot. Time will tell.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think you maybe right, cause, as some of the pictures show, its face does go red and the rest of it will darken. Read they could be cross breed with tigers, should i be worried? could it be a cross breed?

Probably not a cross breed with a tiger, just a shop keep with a bad eye. I've seen rubies and tigers mixed a lot and I expect rubies are bagged as tigers pretty frequently. Take some more pictures as it grows up... from the pics it looks like a standard ruby barb.

With strips too eh? weird. Been reading up on plecos.... mine is not normal, a starlight someone said. Read they where a different species....thoughts?

This specificly goes to darkangel. I can't remember specificaly if you gave me a snail, but i'm think so. Either way, what kind are they? i'm trying to look up care info.

• 2 weeks later...

Update, i let my almost 4 year old pick out some more fish, the 3 dimonds and i picked up an anubus nana at the west ed PJs since i had to drive my hubby to hooters.

This specificly goes to darkangel. I can't remember specificaly if you gave me a snail, but i'm think so. Either way, what kind are they? i'm trying to look up care info.

You did'nt get the snail from me. The only snails I have are MTS in the cichlid tank at the wifes office. The tanks I have at home I can't get a snail to live for more than a few days (water is too soft and ph is too low, shells disintegrate very quick).