My 29G!

Raven

Huh, i wonder what the pet stores use as test kits.... i will have to go to PJ's and see whats there, i can i remember something being are 20 but i'm not sure what it is. Found a snail in there this morning when i was feeding them, wonder where it came from cause i didnt see it with the plants or fish. its about 1 cm too. If all else fails i will take a jar of water to a store and get it tested there, hopefully while i buy a kit.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a water change a couple of nights ago and maybe i did too much or too little. I found the albino bard dead this morning, Might of been from the abuse that seems to be going on in the tank. Also noticed algae growing on the gravel, not sure why that little snail isn't taking care of it, all it seems to do is hide out in the top corner by the heater.

Another water change, and i took water for before and after testing to see if it was the reason the albino died. And everything was fine and then even better. guess he couldn't handle the tank abuse. poor little guy.

i've read that with barbs (and maybe not all types of barbs) that you should have a larger number of them to help spread the aggression out. but i wouldn't be adding any more fish while your tank is still cycling. hopefully the others behave themselves until you can up the stocking.

i wonder how large a number, there is 6 right now, wasn't planning on being much bigger since i also plan to get the pair of kribs and 1-2 BN plecos....maybe 8 barbs will be enough?

I'm hoping so. So far it looks like the 4 remaining small ones have sort of banded together to ward of the larger one and the other one with no red, i'm starting to thing isn't a barb, maybe some sort of tetra since its body shape is longer then the barbs.

Will try one later. Picked up 4 young Kribs at the auction ( Val if you can remember what they were please tell me) and a bushynose at the pjs since i missed the first bag of albino BN and my kids were driving me up the wall. Apparently the was 2 girls and 2 boys so in the fall i'll have to sell one pair. But we'll see.

ok i think i've shots of everyone. The 'bushynose' ( if anyone thinks this guy/girls isnt one let me know and i'm returning it, i won't have one that gets big)pleco, the snail, the kribs, the odd one and then him with a kirb and him with the barbs.

Edited by Raven

Will try one later. Picked up 4 young Kribs at the auction ( Val if you can remember what they were please tell me) and a bushynose at the pjs since i missed the first bag of albino BN and my kids were driving me up the wall. Apparently the was 2 girls and 2 boys so in the fall i'll have to sell one pair. But we'll see.

The kribs you have are Pelvicichromis pulcher, they are the fry from the last spawn my pair had before I gave them away to a friend after the tank they were sprung a leak and I had no place or extra tank to put them in.

Haha great! Saw there was a rock krib female there too, but with kids there i had enough of them not wanting to sit for 5 mins and wanting to carry the fish every 5 seconds :P

You've definitely got a silvertip BN in there so he/she won't get that big. Excellent algae eaters but make sure to give them something to eat if you don't have too much algae. Awesome fish and one of my faves!!

The kribs you have are Pelvicichromis pulcher, they are the fry from the last spawn my pair had before I gave them away to a friend after the tank they were sprung a leak and I had no place or extra tank to put them in.

Yep,I got them from Tom's friend. I ended up buying a larger pair at the auction, so thank you for taking the babies off me :) Glad they found a good home

Thanks again Val! Nice seeing you again to! Big difference since the last time i has there eh? haha!

Sliver tip? Is there something specail about him/her? Also i'm leaning towards a her because of a lack of bush but is there another way to tell?