1 starter culture of microworms

1 bag of golden pearls

a trio of Xiphophorus nezahualcoyotl - Neza swordtail

1 bag of juvenilile Pseudocrinilabus multicolour multicolour

1 trio of Nothobranchius kafuensis Kayuni

1 L052 Butterfly pleco

I brought home;

- 4 Julidochromis ornatus

- 4 Strawberry Peacocks (1 didn't survive)

- 2 Juvie Albino Bristlenose Plecos

- 3 Altolamroldgus Calvis

- Generous Bag of Java Moss

- Generous Bag of Naja grass - "Guppy Grass"

- Eheim accessory surface skimmer & air filter for $14(skimmer retails for roughly $60)

The big ugly 4' light box I bid $5 on to get it out of the way (and taught me to listen closely to the auctioneer - I thought he said it was brass - not just the knobbs) I tried to donate it back for the 777 class if anyone wanted it for a buck or two but it was left it at the hall for disposal

My buddy (he got me started keeping cichlids) took home;

- 4 Strawberry Peacocks

- 1 nicely coloured Electric yellow for $4

- another bag of fish I can not recall

The auction went much faster and smoother than in previous years I thought. The organizers, auctioneers and runners did a great job! The increase from $1 all the way to $5 for bumps (supporting Haiti relief) reduced the number I saw to about 3 - if they'd gone to $2 to give the extra to the Red Cross I'd have bumped all the lots I was interested in - but since I couldn't afford to bump them all at $5 each I had to wait to bid anyway.

It was a good idea to support a charity though!

Edited by Northranger

The auction went much faster and smoother than in previous years I thought. The organizers, auctioneers and runners did a great job! The increase from $1 all the way to $5 for bumps (supporting Haiti relief) reduced the number I saw to about 3 - if they'd gone to $2 to give the extra to the Red Cross I'd have bumped all the lots I was interested in - but since I couldn't afford to bump them all at $5 each I had to wait to bid anyway.

It was a good idea to support a charity though!

As I understand it the goal was to cut down on bumps and encourage people to stay longer and bid more. I know there were more than 3 bumps, but my summary sheet got lifted so I don't have access to the actual numbers.

The big ugly 4' light box I bid $5 on to get it out of the way (and taught me to listen closely to the auctioneer lol) was left it at the hall for disposal

Yeah, thanks a bunch- we love being stuck with unwanted stuff. At least it wasn't alive (that's been done before too.)

The big ugly 4' light box I bid $5 on to get it out of the way (and taught me to listen closely to the auctioneer lol) was left it at the hall for disposal

Yeah, thanks a bunch- we love being stuck with unwanted stuff. At least it wasn't alive (that's been done before too.)

It's like camping, haul out your own trash. At least the dumpster was not too far away, as sadly the magic pixies that Northranger expected to clean up had the day off.

i love bumping but 5 dollars would of stopped me from bumping

I think I am still pro bump, but I see both sides. I suspect sellers support no bumps as the average price of items goes up, and they tend to be in for the full day anyway. but the auction is long and being able to move items up rather than comeback or stay means you can get others things done. I'm looking foward to seeing how things run in Edmonton.

$5 sure limits what I would be willing to bump.

Edited by T Dawg

Sorry, my recent heart attack left me unable to carry anything, my buddy was helping with that. As to the magic pixies - I told the runner I was putting it back as a 777 lot item if they could get another buck or two for it, then we left 15 minutes later with a few hours left on the auction. Sorry I was unable to followup on that, also sorry such a dirty piece of junk was accepted fir auction in the first place - I bid only to get things started - even the auctioneer saw that.

I see below Werner apparently now professes some medical expertise lol. I've been to only 3 auctions in my life, all the same fish ones - this last one was very enjoyable thanks to the good humour and pace of the auctioneers but don't worry friend, stressful or overly exciting they are not lol so thought it would be a safe, unstressful outting and it was, my thanks to the organizers.

Edited by Northranger