Fat betta

McTurtle

I started keeping pea puffers in my 10 gallon tank. To keep the puffers happy I started a snail tank. My snail tank is now also home to a betta. The problem is that my betta is eating the sinking veggie pellets I feed the snails and is becoming obnoxiously fat. I thought he wouldn't bother with the kelp pellets but I've caught him snacking on them. Any ideas for what I could feed my snails that a betta won't eat? I'm worried my betta will die from over stuffing himself.

depending on how big the snails are you could make a 'creep rail' for them in the tank, like you do in a cattle pen to keep momma cow from eating the calf food when they are being weaned off of momma cow.

maybe find some mesh or even eggcrate (the grids with square holes that you see covering fluorescent lights in offices) that has holes large enough for the snails to go through but not the betta, create a lil corner 'corral' in the tank, and drop the snail's food inside the 'corral'. just a lil idea in my noggin..... lol.

or.... and i'm enabling MTS (multiple tank syndrome) here..... muwahahahaha....... start up another lil tank for just the betta.

btw, bettas will eat anything. they are little gluttons, lol.

Edited by BettaFishMommy

I posted a few pictures of my betta (Sparks) and my pea puffer tank in the freshwater photo forum. I have an album on Facebook http://www.facebook....d=1246902187396 ^_^ My betta pictures aren't great. I have to figure away to get around the plastic tank reflecting or showing up grainy. I don't use a flash, but the camera has a focus light... practice practice practice!

24156_386903781511_566171511_4340254_4308195_n.jpg

24156_386903791511_566171511_4340256_474278_n.jpg