Tanganyikan tank

derrick719

hello every one im new to the alberta fish world. just moved out from the island where its really hard to find anything thing really nice. any ways i would like to start up a tanganyikan tank. just not all that sure what to get yet. so far i just have 5 juvie burundi fronts, and some aruatus fry and some random guys my buddy gave me. so for now i will have a 30 gal or so but would like a 55 gal and maybe bigger if my buddy will give me a spot downstairs. for a 33 to a 55 gal later what would be some wonderful tanganyikans that i should get i really like the shell dwellers would like these guys lamprologus ocellatus. some something close what would go well with them like some calvus, julies, and leleupi. and maybe n. tretocephalus but i believe there really aggressive. any tips and where i could get them only have been to big als, frankcos and golds. in calgary soon to see more.

Sounds all good except for the fronts.... most people will suggest that you have a 6' tank for them in 1 year from now and at least a 75 gal until then. 30 gal is way too small for your fronts already.

As far as finding the rest of those fish, Golds has half of your list and you could check "Fairdeal's" fish list as he has some of those as well.

Good luck and Welcome to AA :welcome:

I got some blck ocellatus fry, I also have a male female gold ocelatus juvie pair. Many other tang shell dwellers if interested. Welcome to aa i also left the island to come to alberta!

I was born on a island "the rock" and ended up across the country on vancouver island alot of my adult life, and there wasnt much fish selection there. So i ordered alot or picked up in vancity.

ya i have a couple i just got from the lfs and a guy from cambell river. i had 2 purl muts 2 ob peacocks one selousi 4 aruatus 3 yellow labs 3 acei one ruby red could never get a 2nd one that took me 6 months to get then sold them like a month later and left for here. now its so hard to choose :s

• 2 months later...