Looking for your opinion...

nevchewy

As for the labs, i saw them at the auction and their color isn't orange like in the pics. They were more of a yellow(not a vibrant yellow but that might be because they were stressed). They were the best quality labs at the auction though. The bags of 1" juvies(that went for 45$ :boxed: ) didn't look so hot. One of them actaully had a sore on the side of its head :( So Nev, the yellows you got are actaully some of the nicest ones i've seen locally(from stores,auctions) but if you want to start breeding them i'd get some from Kyle, or wait untill mine start producing fry :lol:

The bags of 1" juvies(that went for 45$ :boxed: ) didn't look so hot. One of them actaully had a sore on the side of its head  :(

Thanks Degrassi for the compliment... :wacko: That was me... :boxed: actually I got both bags of those 1.5" labs, for 45$ plus 20$ :(

I was thinking then they were very young and hence might stand a better chance getting couple of good ones out of a total number of 10 ( well, 9 indeed since one already had a scar). :rolleyes:

Right now only 5 left in my 29G, and 4 of them show barrings most of the time :unsure: . Their color is not perfect but not bad either. Funny thing is one of the smallest ones had some potential since he is the only one that never shows any barring since the very beginning, but again, we will see as time goes on... :huh:

Now I am not sure if I still have that much of passion when I first started, since sometimes its too hard to predict what they are going to turn out. I had one at 2.8" he started to show some tiny black dot on the fins and sometimes around the mouth so I have to give him up. Now that after about 7 month I have got a little frustrited about keeping labs, its almost unpredictable to me. Meanwhile, Ps. Saulosi just came in at a good time, plus their blue striped charming males, I am thinking of switching to Saulosies now.

Still, those small little yellow fishes (Labs, Deep msobo, Saulosi females) have been, and will always be, on top of my favorite list no matter what... :rolleyes:B)

Hey sun!!! i didn't know that was you who bid and won the other labs!

I saw the scar/sore on the one juvie... and stayed away from that bad as it didn't look good!

So Nev, the yellows you got are actaully some of the nicest ones i've seen locally(from stores,auctions) but if you want to start breeding them i'd get some from Kyle, or wait untill mine start producing fry 

Val is right on that one! if you are looking for the best quality fish in general, Kyle aka African_Fever is the man! take a look at his website:

http://members.shaw.ca/AfricanRiftValleyCichlids/

Kyle did an internship of 5 months with Stuart Grant and was in Africa diving in Lake Malawi finding these fish!

I have never seen his fish in person, but from pictures and from other reviews on his fish, He has by far the best quality fish available!

He is selling me a pair of saulosi's that he brought back from Africa. They are not wild caught but they are F1 from WC parents. I'm looking forward to getting those fish from him! So once i get them and add them with the F1 saulosi's that i got from James Ford in winnipeg... I'll have a nice little breeding group making these fish available, as they have been very tough to come by!

I also plan on buying some Polits and Mel. Cyan's from kyle too!

As soon as i have saulosi juvies... your the first person i'll call!

nev

Hey nev!!! I shouldnt have left the auction after got those 10 labs, otherwise I should have meet you then because I was quite curious about who's gonna get those 3 bigger ones. B)

Thank you for the link nev. Infact I have contact Kyle on his F1 labs earlier this year. The thing is at that time I only had a 29g and already had a few big boys in there. I figured it might not be a good idea to just put some little 0.5" labs in... Well, when I was just applying for a new tank, there came the auction...Dont get me wrong tho I like the auction, lots of fun, I enjoy being part of it. B) When was the next one?

BTW, I do NOT think your Saulosi is gonna let you down, since you have put TOO much on them, and unless they mean to make you mad. :w00t:

Don't quote me on this but the next aution should be in the fall. Kyle mentioned that he wants to make it up for this one this time.

It was my first auction, and i really enjoyed it!

I'll be at the next one for sure!

BTW, I do NOT think your Saulosi is gonna let you down, since you have put TOO much on them, and unless they mean to make you mad. 

so far so good! B)

nev