Betta Spawn

Spinalcore

I just had my bettas spawn for the first in 6 - 8 months of trying with differnet ones. My male I have had for 2 months now and the female insisted on spawning with him after only having her for a few hours. So I setup one of our 10 gallons for them and put her in the tank in a oil Lamp Chimney after a couple of more hours she was all bared up again and head down submiting to him so I released her. She wasn't happy with his nest yet so she waited for him to fill up the surface area under the cup and then after a day of waiting him to finish it, they started. That was at 1:00 yesterday afternoon for about an hour.

He is a Marbled Crown/Veiltail cross I believe

picserver.jpeg

And she is a Blue Crowntail Double-ray

picserver.jpeg

Spawn Update:

So far, so good.

The Male was removed around 5:30pm yesterday, and they all apear to be free swimming. I gave them a couple of ml of infusoria after removing the male. I am try this spawn on Infusoria and Nutrafin Fry food for the time being as I currently only have no other live food to feed them.

I will keep updating this as things change.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I am now down to 14 fry left which is still in the 80 to 90% will die in the first 10 days safe margine. A second spawn is in preparation. I am Conditioning 2 Crowntails for this attempt.

The first spawn is now at the 10 Day mark since hatching.

Thanks AB.

Down to 4 or 5 fry now. But the same 2 decided to spawn again Just yesterday afternoon. I have been ablle to keep those 2 in the same tank with only a bunch of chasing and flaring Hardly any agression between the 2. She only took some fin nips from their first spawning and 2 weeks between spawnings for them. I guess that I have finally found 2 compatible bettas. Their tank has gravel, Java Moss and Hygo. Difformis in it other than that nothing special. With a 15 watt incandescent bulb for the plants (which are growing really well) and half a Styrofoam cup taped to one side in the 8 gallon tank it is a normal setup.

All the fry that are left are the ones moved with the male when I removed him to his smaller home from the breeding tank. All the ones that were still in the tank died. The smaller betta kit home has algea that they seem to be living off of for the most part and infusoria.

More updates to come.