camallanus out break

angie

i have a 55gal comunitiy tank ive got angels plecos gouramis a platty red danios a black skirt tetra and an african dwarf frog i descovered this in worm sticking out of my angel fishes anus about a month ago. i took him out put him in a hospital tank diagnosed this worm as camallanus treated him and now he apears to be fine but now i am starting to notice another angel fish with the worm proturding out of his anus i did a water change and found litrally clumps of these red worms floating at the top of my bucket i think the only way im going to beat this is by treating my whole tank what i need to know is what meds would be ok for my african dwarf frog and plecos (i have a queen arabaresque a L15 a rubber lip an L168 and a royal some of these are quite expencive not to mention beautfly and i dont think i could stand to loose all my fish i love them very much please help me sad.gif

With this parasite, you always have to treat the entire tank and also take precautions that it doesn't spread to any other tanks. What did you treat with the first time? I would suggest checking with "Mykiss" on BC Aquaria as he sells the meds you need and also may be able to give you some advice on its safety. I know plecos would be fine.

I second Blue Ram. I remember Mykiss or some other guy did a test with the worms or something at BC Aquaria, I just can't find it right now. Also maybe visit this page?

http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/hospital-section-12/levamisole-hci-pure-camallanus-nematode-red-hair-like-worm-protruding-vents-978/

With this parasite, you always have to treat the entire tank and also take precautions that it doesn't spread to any other tanks. What did you treat with the first time? I would suggest checking with "Mykiss" on BC Aquaria as he sells the meds you need and also may be able to give you some advice on its safety. I know plecos would be fine.

thanks for he advice i will try to contact them

I second Blue Ram. I remember Mykiss or some other guy did a test with the worms or something at BC Aquaria, I just can't find it right now. Also maybe visit this page?

http://www.bcaquaria...ding-vents-978/

i tryed to get onto bc aquaria its not letting me join for some reason does anyone know another way to get a hold of this guy

i tryed to get onto bc aquaria its not letting me join for some reason does anyone know another way to get a hold of this guy

PM sent

Here are far more accurate dosage requirements for levamisol use for the treatment of camallus worms. I also have the meds for sale to treat these nasty worms. PM me if interested

http://albertaaquatica.com/index.php?showtopic=29236&st=0&p=2216984&fromsearch=1entry2216984

Good stuff there,...I've tried other meds in the past but the levamisol was the only thing that worked for my tank...and time is of the essence when dealing with these nasty worms....the quicker you treat the better the survival rate.

Good Luck.

Edited by cale262

Here are far more accurate dosage requirements for levamisol use for the treatment of camallus worms. I also have the meds for sale to treat these nasty worms. PM me if interested

http://albertaaquati...1entry2216984

ok im new to the web site not sure if i did this right but im tryin do u have anything that would like 100% be ok for my plecos and frog i am intrested in meds u have if there ok for my plecos and frog thanks alot hope u get this

http://albertaaquati...1entry2216984

ok im new to the web site not sure if i did this right but im tryin do u have anything that would like 100% be ok for my plecos and frog i am intrested in meds u have if there ok for my plecos and frog thanks alot hope u get this

lol figured out how to do it now tryed to pm

the fish i treated in the 10 gallon hospital tank was treated with parasite guard by tetra its active ingredients are praziquantel, diflubenzuron ,metronidazole and acriflavine

• 2 weeks later...

i also used medicated food

just an update on my tank i got some levamisol it worked great all my fish are doing well and if anyones wondering its also safe for african dwarf frogs mine was looking bloated so i left him in and hes doing great now i recomend mykiss to anyone who has these worms the guy really knows what hes talking about