Fx5 quit working

JLake

I have a fx5 that started blowing micro bubbles with very lil flow. I broke it down changed half the sponges and rinsed the other half(its not thwe only filter on the tank). Gave the biomax and pre filter rings a rinse in tank water as well. Put it all back together filled er up and plugged it back in. It made a noise for a second than nothing at all. No water is being moved at all. Im really regretting getting this instead of a more expensive eheim i really wanted. Any of you fx5 junkies have any tips on what I should do? I have no reciept anymore, no mateer how hard i look I cant find it.

Rinse the canister a with a bunch of water after you take everything out. You might have to take the impellar apart if something is either stuck or broken. You can try and put a bit of water in it and see if the impeller is working while it's apart also.

Problem was chuncks of broken media had lodged themselves around the impeller. Cleaned out and it actually worked again. Very happy now, it made a bad saturday much worse yesterday. Does anyone use the water polishing pads? I use the blue ones till they get clogged(which is fast) and sometimes i run them without. What do you guys use in your trays? Thanks for your help! The fx5 is doing what it does best now, move water!

So far I have a blue pad in the bottom tray with a lil biomax on top, the middle is filled with scrubbies and the top tray is all biomax. \i wish there was a simple test to see the population of the beneficial bacteria in your system, like a agar count or sumthin