Golden Zebra Loaches

Terra

Hi there,

I'm just writing to rave about the 6 new golden zebra loaches I've added to my 55g planted tank. I posted a thread looking for some peaceful loaches to take care of my Ramshorn snail population. I'd never even heard of this species until I got them, but they are some of the sweetest (and hilarious) members of my tank. They are a great clean-up crew and very gentle. The way they swim looks like they're trying to give hugs and I just love watching them swim back and forth across the tank (most of the time as a pile of 3 or more). I just love these guys!! If they had babies I would be on cloud nine, though I know this is highly unlikely.

Feel free to comment on how much you love loaches, and post any interesting information/stories you have.

Terra

Ok, so I've also just found out that Boatia species, Golden Zebras included, make audible clicking sounds!!!

I'm completely in awe, and overwhelmingly relieved-I haven't slept in about a week thinking the clicking noises coming from my aquarium were some unseen leak and my aquarium was going to suddenly burst and kill all my fish. I'll finally get some rest!

This species continues to shock and amaze me. Almost to the point where I want to keep nothing but loaches. I'll have to convince my significant other to let me get some more, larger tanks.....

If you LOVE LOACHES post something here!