Fall Cleaning

vince0

Ill start off by saying, rio otapa sword are hard to catch! I decided to move some fish around yesterday, since my angel's are now in their breeder. After i moved them, I realized I had a lot of room in my 55g to fill up. Those angels sure occupied a lot of room in that tank lol. So out came the rasbora hets and the swordtails, destined to go into the 55g. The rasporas pretty much swam into the net, and the male sword was pretty easy to catch, must be the fin extensions slowing him down. The females on the other hand, were quite a bit of work, and in the process of trying to catch them, half my plants got ripped out. The amount of gunk that came flying out was quite impressive too, and I just couldn't leave it in there. So out came the syphon, and after 2 33% w/c's, it seemed that most the of the poo was collected. When it came time to replant everything, I couldn't just leave the plants as they were, I had to trim them back and make them look purdy again. And while i was at it, I may as well redo the wood in that tank, since it was restricting how much plants i could have in the tank.

So three hours later, here is the final product.

P1020087.jpg

Im waiting on the second plant in from the right to grow in a bit before i trim it down again so the roots aren't exposed. It had gotten infested with dying black beard algea and i just couldn't look at it anymore.

Here is a before picture for comparison.

P1020055.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this unimformative thread. I'm at home sick today, so I thought i'd post some updates!