Can betta bored?

BettaVishVish

Do you think betta can feel lonely or even bored just swimming in the tank? I laughed when I typed this question..but also curious to find out the answer.

The reason I asked this because sometimes people put the betta in a small jar or bowl and the betta pretty much sitting oops floating alone. I would probably bored if I were the betta .

Can we know if the betta is bored or lonely? Do you know if male betta needs to meet the female?

:smokey: Definitely!! Try putting a mirror against the tank from time to time or put another betta in a jar beside him. Or in my case,put 40 bettas beside him.

fish don't get bored or lonely. these are human emotions that we all too often attribute to animals. we personify our pets way too often.

that being said, a fish can act listless due to having no stimulation in its environment, but this is not 'bored' or 'lonely'.

if your betta is looking 'bored' (being inactive, listless, etc) then you may want to try holding a small hand mirror up to its tank for a few minutes each day. this will cause the betta to think that another male is invading his territory and he will flare his fins and act all 'huffy' while viewing his reflection. should perk him up.

males don't need to 'meet the female' unless you are planning on breeding. females can be stressed by being near males without breeding.

fish don't get bored or lonely. these are human emotions that we all too often attribute to animals. we personify our pets way too often.

that being said, a fish can act listless due to having no stimulation in its environment, but this is not 'bored' or 'lonely'.

if your betta is looking 'bored' (being inactive, listless, etc) then you may want to try holding a small hand mirror up to its tank for a few minutes each day. this will cause the betta to think that another male is invading his territory and he will flare his fins and act all 'huffy' while viewing his reflection. should perk him up.

males don't need to 'meet the female' unless you are planning on breeding. females can be stressed by being near males without breeding.

yes I agree...we often personify pets as a way to communicate or translate the pets needs.

yeah I dont have any plan to breed betta...well unless I find a cool female betta :D .

thank you for your tips.

Now if you had attended the ACE auction yesterday, you could have purchased a Hammock for your Betta to have a nap while he was bored,

OR

a workout ball to PUMP up his fins! haha!

Seriously, both of those were available and sold. It was too funny to see that they actually were available items!

-roll-

Those betta toys were donated by the Saskatoon Aquarium Society to Betta Breeders Canada. I think my bettas would be jealous of those fish who have a hammock. I wonder if I can get them in bulk -ham-