Gasket material in Calgary

DanGofCalgary

So just finishing up rebuilding the Polar water distiller that I bought at the ACE auction.

Needs a couple microswitches and a new gasket for the float lever arm that comes out of the tank to shut off the water flow. The microswitches should be easy to get as they are standard switches from Honewell, just a simple matter of ordering them. However I just found out this week that Polar water distillers has gone bankrupt, so I am likely going to have to make my own gasket. Not a big deal, but if anyone could point me in the direction of where I could get gasket material in Calgary?

It is that grey colored material. It must be high temperature and fairly innocuous - fishy safe even! :)

any suggestions?

Thanks. I picked up some gasket material from an automotive shop, then this morning found a place that still sells parts for Polar water distillers (they went bankrupt) so I will be able to get the original parts. I'd rather have them, then test whether the automotive gasket is safe for fish. Likely it's the same stuff, but you only get to find that out the hard way!