My Axolotl Is Not Doing Well.....

Cordell

I have a leucistic Axolotl about 5" long that I call Frank. I have had him for about 5 months and I have him in a 30 gallon tank that i keep at 19-20 degrees. I have just recently tried using sand in the bottom instead of rocks because Frank had swallowed a few and he was not looking too great. I got some play sand at home depot and cleaned it a good 10-15 times before adding it to my tank. A few days after the sand was added he had spit out 4 rocks and I removed them right away. I noticed a big red spot in his stomach it almost looked like blood or something, I read online it may be a fungal infection or something. I had an albino rainbow shark, an albino brittle nose pleco, and a loach in the tank + 5-10 feeders, The loach and shark seemed to have a very small amount of a wierd slime/fungus on them so I removed them , but the feeders all look fine. Now Franks gills are red in some spots and white in others, The spot in his stomach is still there but it looks like its getting smaller. I think he may also have fungus growing on him, it looks like a small white arm growing under his small white arm. I tested my water today and it was fine and I did a 30% water change today also. He does not seem to be doing any better and im worried he might get worse. I dont know what to do and im not just going to start adding fungus treatments into my tank as they might hurt Frank even more. I am not going to be adding any more fish or feeders too the tank anymore. I have just tried out feeding him shrimp pellets instead of feeders and he seems to like them as long as I drop them right in front of his face. Does anyone have any advice on what I can do to help my poor Axolotl? also any tips on how I can better maintain him and my tank as I am not very knowledgable about this stuff!

Edited by Cordell