syno multis full of eggs?

ABwildrose

I have a couple of synodontis multipunctatus that are very fat. I initially panicked and thought they had something serious causing them to bloat....I am now hoping they are just full of eggs. I took pics so someone could let me know for sure, but for some reason I can't transfer them to the computer.

I have 2 yellow labs holding at the moment (the one that is furthest along I have placed in a tank on her own) and 1 other is in the process of breeding. The male hybrid lab is chasing those catfish like crazy...they are getting in the middle of things and putting a cramp in his amorous intentions I think. I will cross my fingers and hope for multi spawning. I am not looking forward to dealing with all those lab hybrid babies that I may get instead tho :(

The Syno's should be large in order to spawn; I've heard that they need to be at least 4", even larger before they can really get going. If you've got some that are fat, I'd bet that they're full of eggs, but getting anything out of the Labs may be extremely difficult b/c they've got such small mouths and it would be easy for the catfish fry to get caught up and die (even killing both the fry and Lab.).

Good luck with the multi's either way, you'll have to keep us posted!