R.i.p. Sharky

Terra

I came home from work today to find my Red Tail Shark "Sharky" dead in a bucket full of gravel that was beside his makeshift tank. My 33g tank sprang a leak last night and I had to move the fish into a large rubbermade container. Unfortunately the lid couldn't be sealed tight as it would impede the filter flow. I've heard these sharks can be quite the jumpers and was fearful of this. I'm so sad he's gone. He was pretty big, about 5 inches and had a great personality. His colors were so vibrant, and he loved to chase the other fish in the tank but never harmed any of them. I feel guilty I couldn't be there to save him. He was a cool fish and I'm glad I got to spend the time with him that I did. I've got some video of him "kissing" the front of the tank so I'll have something to remember him at least. Rest in peace Sharky, you are missed.

Awww. I remember my red tailed shark from a few years ago. I thought he was a jerk for the longest time, he was always chasing the other fish. But he never hurt them, and I grew quite fond of him too. I could tell I needed to clean the tank when his red tail lost it's shine...

I have a red tailed shark as well. He was in the Saskatoon Aquarium Society show and came in second in his class. When we dismantled the show, I put him in his tupperware for the drive home. However we weren't leaving until the next day, so all night "thump, thump" as he attempted to jump out. Got him home and floated him in the tank in his container with the lid slightly open. Yup, heard some movement on the floor and he'd jumped out of that. Yup, he's a jerk to the other fish but so pretty. So my thoughts are with you on the loss of Sharky!!!

When he was in his tupperware in Saskatoon, I think he spent the night in the bathroom. Not that he'd been drinking, but it was going to be tough to sleep with this thump, thump all night. First of all, we didn't know what was making that noise too.. Conversation; the man "what's that noise??""

me "sounds like the shark is trying to make a break for it"

Him,"you and your tupperware containers"