Diy Plywood Tank Questions

macdre

Hello I was hoping anyone had any advice on building a diy plywood tank

my main concern is are there any specific brands of epoxy or fiberglass resin to either avoid or look for im still in the planning phase and I am just worried about building a giant deathtrap for my fish ie leeching or leaking haha

I have looked at a bunch of stuff online however it all seems like its diy without a budget or perhaps im broker than most

HEy,

Althought there is a huge knowledge base on this forum and there are more then a few that have built successful DiY plywood tanks. I would direct you in the direction of MFK - MonsterFishKeepers.com --- There are 100's of posts and articles about the DIY of the plywood what worked what didn't with pictures and alot of discussion.

I'm sure you'll find info from people here on AA as well, as for this post I can't really point you in any direction as I have never built a plywood myself.

Good luck,

And welcome to the site ;)

yeah I have only recently even found these forums , mfk is one i stumbled across and WOW there are some serious fish people out there haha, Im just a normal guy, trying to enjoy this hobby but as a family man I am always on a budget so the idea of a plywood tank appealed to me because I have no shortage of time on my hands and plywood is relatively cheap, and the cheaper the better for me

i agree with Morphine, MFK is a great site for diy when it comes to big tank builds! i'm a member over there as well, although i don't post very often.