Tank Partitioning

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone can see any obvious flaws. This is again for my dwarf seahorse project... I am going to take a 20 gallon tank (maybe larger) and guides siliconed that will allow me to drop a glass or acrylic sheet into the guide. I will have a solid sheet to completely block off one side from another and a sheet that is finely drilled to allow water circulation through the partitions for each guide. I will have the partitions spread to allow a 20 gallon tank to be separated into 2x 5-gallon sections and 1x 10-gallon section. This will allow me to have the stability of a larger water volume while being able to confine the herd to the appropriate area for feeding concentration. When the herd is large enough I an remove a partition completely an double the herds space.

Sounds like a good plan, as long as your guides are snug so that little babies can't scoot in between. I have been in a bind and used the the bought ones, and little plecos get stuck between the glass and the divider and perish. Your little bit of pre planning sounds like a good way to go. If it's a rimless tank it will work perfectly. It's the top rim that that can throw a wrench into your plans.

Edited by Jayba