Suggestions On Anemones/clownfish Pairing

Chooki11

I just put 2 Amphiprion polymnus (saddleback clownfish) into my 65gallon tank and was wondering what is the BEST anemone to match with it. And also what other anemones I can put in the tank with the clowns and their hopefully new anemone.

I've done some research and found people saying different things about what should and shouldn't be matched with them. I would like some feed back from anyone or multiple people here, that have matched these before I go to my LFS and buy one or multiples.

Thanks for input!!

• 1 month later...

Even if you get an anemone, there is still a chance the clown won't host in it. I've seen clowns host in hammer corals, torch corals, even my pair hosted on a rock with some zoanthids. Condyactis anemones are not good for hosting clowns, I think the bubble tips are better. Also keep in mind your anemone will move until it finds its perfect home that it likes.

Even if you get an anemone, there is still a chance the clown won't host in it. I've seen clowns host in hammer corals, torch corals, even my pair hosted on a rock with some zoanthids. Condyactis anemones are not good for hosting clowns, I think the bubble tips are better. Also keep in mind your anemone will move until it finds its perfect home that it likes.

Anemones are difficult to care for. You need to do a LOT of research before getting one, as the above post is correct - lots of them won't host in it.

(I've had clowns host on a piece of live rock before....a bare live rock)

• 1 month later...