Green Cory Laying Eggs While Laying On Her Back?

lazyass

I found her on her back today..laying eggs. She is able to get up and swim around but seems to only release them when she is on her back. The videos I watched showed corys laying them on the glass..She is the only green cory in there. There is also 2 pandas and was an upside down catfish until recently who was bloated and acting strange for a few days before he/she died. But the odd behavior and death could have been from head wounds from being stuck..

Anyone know why she is upside down?

And who is she breeding with? Pandas?

she could very well be breeding with the pandas. i have an emerald green cory female (brochis splendens) that breeds with the bronze cory males (corydoras aneus) on a regular basis. never see any fry though because the other piggy fish in the tank go smorgasbord on the eggs all the time.

as for the laying eggs while on her back, that is very odd! i've never even seen any of my 10 cories on their back, never mind in the act of propagation.

does she release a lot of eggs each time?

Edited by BettaFishMommy

She had a ball of eggs that seemed to just fall off of her belly when it got too big. When she did turn upright to swim a little air bubbles came out of her back end. She ate that night. Looked fine the next day though and the danios took care of the eggs...

I caught one of my peppered corys laying eggs the next night in another tank. She was clutching her eggs as she swam around normally and left a bunch on the glass. That was 2 nights ago and there are still quite a few uneaten :)