Got Some Crs !

BigWater

Well, yesterday we just picked up some CRS from Big Al's . Pretty cool little guys. They had probally 50 or so left so if you want them they are there.

They are obviously not SSS but they are close to a B lol still really nice colours.

I always thought CRS was what my wife said I suffer from. Can't remember shite. But apparently they are shrimp. But how does the grading of them work again? How much for good ones, and how much for less stellar ones?

Edited by Jayba

Not sure what BA's is selling them for but they go from that price to hundreds of dollars for a single CRS in SSSS+ grade. Not much of a market for the high end CRS here, very popular around the pacific rim.

BA's had them for 6.99 grading them is kinda wierd the whiter they are the more money but also the more fragile they are due to the inbreeding they require to reach there color along with different patterns that become prevailent along there backs and tail section.

riverfront had a good selection of shrimp not sure what they were going for

Big Als is slightly cheaper than Pices for CRS and both are cheaper than Riverfront.

Not sure if ppl snap them up very quickly but if they just don't do well on the trip from whoever they get them from, but every time go to Big Al's here in Calgary, it seems like either there is nothing left in their fancy shrimp tanks or half of them are dead, or a bit of both. Oddly enuf there was a lot of empty shells in the snail tanks as well. Pity, they had some nice Zebra Nerites in one of the tanks the other day, but most of them were empty shells.

As popcornshrimp mentioned, Pisces' pricing is a bit more than Big al's but they seems to be doing a better job of keeping them alive. Most of the ones i saw were A grade or lower but of decent size.

Riverfront is quite a bit more, but they are very good quality CRS (at least for a LFS). I would say most were around S grade, one of the one i picked up a couple months ago I would even say it would be a S+ grade. Most of them are pretty young though.

Hung