Snails, Snails And More Snails

So I was doing my water changes today, and while i'm cleaning around things, and doing my thing, I lift up the lid of one of my smaller tanks and notice that there is a clutch of apple snails...ok...cool. I only put two apple snails in the tank, and low and behold they breed. Wierd, since my snails have neglected to breed for me for many many months, but i'll take it. Then I re fill the tank, and what is that? Oh wow...the lone spixi snail has laid eggs on the filter. Cool. Continue filling the tank, and what's that?? Another clutch of spixi snail eggs! Dang, this is crazy! but cool. So then I move along, doing the 2.5 gallon tank, fix up my nano tank for the CAS show in a couple weeks, and then move on to the 120...What!! More apple snail eggs! Yes, my snails are definately busy. Oh, did I forget to mention that the horned nerite snail is also laying eggs all over the place? Even on the Assassin snail shell?!? I think that nerite has a death wish...but it's still kinda funny.

Oh, did I forget to mention that the horned nerite snail is also laying eggs all over the place? Even on the Assassin snail shell?!? I think that nerite has a death wish...but it's still kinda funny.

Now THAT'S comedy! haha!

I think assasin snails can only kill snails up to about a 1/4" in diameter. I thought mine weren't actually doing anything, then on a recent tear down of the tank they are in I found a lot of snail shells up to about a 1/4 inch in diameter. I am GUESSING that anything bigger is more than they can take down. At least the ones I have. The ratio would be about an inch long shell on my assasins. Maybe bigger ones can take down bigger snails?

Until now I thought they were pacifists! haha!

hahaha...horned nerite with a death wish is awesome...except now i'm noticing that he/she is 'bedazzeling' the spixi snail and both of the apple snails. ugghh...oh well...I guess I can sell those snails now for more since they come with shell decoration! LOL j/k!!! They ain't goin' nowhere! hahahaha