CITES question

That's the kid in the states you're refering to? Not the guy here in Edmonton, is it? Or did the local guy get more that just the $60,000.00 fine?

The local importer that was involved in the smuggling scam to the US has lost his ability to get CITES papers, so his business is down the toilet, and that conviction gets logged with INTERPOL as well, so he will likely get pegged as a potential wildlife smuggler wherever he goes....so he did get a bit more than some fines, although I would have fined him $10K/fish.

Hmm ok i see the fact that asian aros are illegal to import into the US, but why wouldnt the goverment liscence a few private farms in the southern states (due to the weather) that could pond raise and breed them, the goverment would make money on the liscensing and the farm would make money on the fish. There would obviously be a market for them so i doubt theyd have any problems selling. I also know a guy online who lives in cali who owns a asian aro, its a very nice looking fish, its a shame its illegal to keep it, mean while a guy i know here has 4 of them, oh well who hasnt broken to "forbidden fish laws" lol RIP snake head :(

Hmm ok i see the fact that asian aros are illegal to import into the US, but why wouldnt the goverment liscence a few private farms in the southern states (due to the weather) that could pond raise and breed them, the goverment would make money on the liscensing and the farm would make money on the fish.

Ah, because they are illegal to possess, not just import.