Bubble In Beta's Fin?

EowynJane

Last night I noticed what looks like a bubble in my male beta's fin. There's no other signs anything is wrong but the bubble is visable from both sides. It literally looks like someone injected some air between the skin of his fin, could this be an infection? I added 1tsp of salt to his tank and I'll do a water change and add more tonight. Beta is in a 2 1/2 gallon, cycled and heated tank... he's still eating, flairing and patrolling his space like usual.

I have crown tail who has a couple bubbles in his tail and has for a while now. It started out as the jagged edges of his fins kind of twisting around each other and eventually looking like they were knotting. Then one bubble showed up and then another. They look to be filled with fluid because they don't float up at all. I have no idea what it is. I have tried salt and Melafix and neither seemed to make any difference. he has had bubbles in his tail for 6 months if not longer. He still acts normal, eats regularly. I know it doesn't answer your question but I have a bubble betta too :P

i think because the fins on a betta are so thin, air can be trapped between the cell layers really easily. i've never had an air bubble in any of my bettas fins (9 bettas total over the past few years), but that's not to say it can't happen.

as long as it doesn't seem to be affecting the betta, and he is still acting normal, then i would say just keep an eye on him.