Well Water

robin

We are having water tested from a property we are looking at. It is in the boonies, so if I can't use the well water....I have to get rid of the fish :shock: .

What do I look for in the well water report? I am aware of a r/o system if necessary. If I can't bypass a water softner system will the added potassium or salt be way too much for the fish? What about if there is a seperate system for removing iron? So many questions.

Any answers?

Thanks in adv.

Robin

I use well water for my fish tanks, some wells are better than others. If your well water goes to extreme parameters just choose fish that are comfortable in those parameters.

I too am out in the boonies in County Leduc. Not much iron but high in sodium. Some fishies are ok but not all- trial and error. Found RO not feasible for my water. The minerals are so high that the membrane would be clogged within days. mostly lug water from city, mix with well water and so far ok but not perfect.. Drinking water is distilled and I sometimes use that (don't tell the boss or she will kill me!!) you should also ask the tests to be performed on the well water to include TDS, minerals as well as fecal counts.