Bloated Cory

ubr0ke

Does it have its scales pineconing? Is it still eating? I know it is hard to tell but is it pooping? Does it look like it swallowed a marble-fat in the middle? It could be constipated, have dropsy, or be gravid(full of eggs). Hope it gets better. One other thing is it floating at the top like a balloon, have trouble staying up right? Sorry for all the Q's. Also a pic would help.

It seams healthy besides being huge...its double the size of the other cories...It swims and it still eats normally..it stays on the bottom.....It may be constipated so what is the equivelent to exlax for cories??

cories, from my experience, aren't big veggie eaters. so the usual 'feed the nuked inside of a pea' method probably won't help here.

i would isolate it, in a breeder net in the tank it is currently in. make sure the breeder net box has a lid, because she will be likely to jump out back into the tank. fast it for up to 3 days and see if that makes a difference in the belly size.

one thing to remember is that emerald cories (brochis splendens - not actually cories!) are larger than actual corydoras species. i had an emerald cory female in with bronze, albino, barbatus, and a peppered cory, and that emerald was a tank compared to the others! lol.