Fish Shopping In Edmonton - Success!

Visited two new stores in Edmonton last weekend - Aquarium Illusions and Aquarium Central. Both beautiful stores with excellent livestock. Brought home my school of lyretail anthias which had been in quarantine for 3 weeks for my reef tank and 3 zebra barred gobies and a fox coral. All of the fish are healthy and stunning.

At Aquarium Central, they were several species that I had never seen before so I had to get them! They also had beautiful angelfish. Sumatra licorice gouramis, valiant chocolate gourmais and burmese microrasboras came home with me to join my fishroom. Also got some nice rummynose for $2 each. They acclimated well into my discus tank. The licorice gouramis will have their own 10 gal species tank so I can keep their water soft.

I was told that the valiants will be the most beautiful fish I have in a couple of months - not sure about that but they are lovely now. Got a large mother anubias plant for $20 and a species of bolbitus I've not seen before.

Lucky Edmonton people to have these retailers.

Nice. I had them ship me some of the licorice gouramis. I am keeping them in straight calgary water though. Didn't realize they needed softer water. I thought feeding was more an issue with them, that they were very much a 'live food' fish.

The shipping was only $10 and they arrived next day. Worth it for me!

I'm like a kid in a candy store when I go to Edmonton. So many great retailers there.

Nice. I had them ship me some of the licorice gouramis. I am keeping them in straight calgary water though. Didn't realize they needed softer water. I thought feeding was more an issue with them, that they were very much a 'live food' fish.

The shipping was only $10 and they arrived next day. Worth it for me!

I'm like a kid in a candy store when I go to Edmonton. So many great retailers there.

They ship?! Why would I spend 80 bucks round trip when I can have them sent to my door?:chair:

You get to see ALL their stock that way. I'd still like to go there, but I also watch carefully what they post here, then email back and forth with Tuan to find out what the prices are (he doesn't like to post the prices).

But you're right. for $10 delivery it's crazy not to if you know what you want! I think that works out to about $10 a bag though. The amount of stuff that Blue Ram bought, he probably couldn't fit in the th $10 container size (just guessing).

I've also had my daughter stop in and pick up fish for me when she was coming to Calgary. She said there were super helpful and friendly.