Quick Turnaround

jumpsmasher

Wow talk about a quick turnaround!

Yesterday morning (monday) I witnessed my largest berried OEBT giving birth to her first batch of baby shimplets. thumbup.gif

Later that evening it seemed that all the males in the tank were really excited and dancing all over the tank and I thought I might have gotten another female in the tank that I wasn't aware off as all my females were berried. When I checked on them today after work the female that had the babies on Monday was already saddled so decided put her in my breeder box. I place my bluest male in with her and within the hour it looked like he "tapped" her. I checked back on them a few hours later and viola! she was berried once again! With approximately 36 hours between releasing her eggs and being berried again, she looks like she will be one fine breeding machine... :smokey:

On another note, newborn shrimps are really tiny, even after watching the eggs being popped out by the mother and the sequentially unraveling of the baby shimp, they are really hard to see with naked eye. I wished i had my camera handy to film it but without a good zoom and macro lens i think it would have been pretty hard to make it out.

Hung

• 3 months later...

Tank: 7 gallon custom tank (bought from Kayen)

Substrate: ADA soil

Plants: HC, Moss and hair algae (it provides cover for the shrimplets)

Primary inhabitants: Yellow Shrimp, Orange Eye Blue Tigers, White Orchid Sulawesi

Other inhabitants: 2 green rasboras, ramshorn snails (the rasboras don't eat the shrimp)

Lighting: 2x8w T5 fixture

Filtration: Small HoB Filter with sponge over intake

Water: straight Edmonton Tap Water with dechlorinated with Prime

pH: 7.8

Other things: Shrimp Lab Mineral Rock in the tank.

The yellow shrimp are from two sources: Canadian Aquatics and Igor Kanshyn (Aquabid)

White Orchids: Canadian Aquatics & Big Al's (recently to get some genetic diversity)

OEBT: Anna Holt

I feed them Shirakura shrimp food (I bought a bunch a while back from Canadian Aquatics)

Min 25% water change a week.

Thanks Ray. Does the ADA soil not lower your pH?

Tank: 7 gallon custom tank (bought from Kayen)

Substrate: ADA soil

Plants: HC, Moss and hair algae (it provides cover for the shrimplets)

Primary inhabitants: Yellow Shrimp, Orange Eye Blue Tigers, White Orchid Sulawesi

Other inhabitants: 2 green rasboras, ramshorn snails (the rasboras don't eat the shrimp)

Lighting: 2x8w T5 fixture

Filtration: Small HoB Filter with sponge over intake

Water: straight Edmonton Tap Water with dechlorinated with Prime

pH: 7.8

Other things: Shrimp Lab Mineral Rock in the tank.

The yellow shrimp are from two sources: Canadian Aquatics and Igor Kanshyn (Aquabid)

White Orchids: Canadian Aquatics & Big Al's (recently to get some genetic diversity)

OEBT: Anna Holt

I feed them Shirakura shrimp food (I bought a bunch a while back from Canadian Aquatics)

Min 25% water change a week.