Lf Saltwater Kickstart

Hippoherder

Not sure where this would go (livestock classifieds, equiptment classifieds....) ...

I am looking to get a saltwater nano tank going and looking for someone in Calgary/airdrie area who might be willing to part with some live sand/rock, and possibly some well cycled water to help with a kick start. Please message me and we can work out the details.

Thanks!

I started my journey into SW about 4 years ago with a 20 gallon. After setting up my 100g, my 20 sat there for a quarantine tank. DiDn't do anything with it and it kinda got away from me. Cleaned it out last weekend, new water, rock into my 100gallon sump to re-seed it and starting to cycle it again in hopes of selling it. If this is something that interest you let me know, I'm in Innisfail, an hour away from C-town.

I appreciate the offer. I don't see myself being able to get up to you anytime soon though. If you were to be headed down to Calgary for some reason I would imagine there would be a huge die off in the rock. I'll have to stick a little closer to home. Thaks though. I am going to start a tank going for sexy shrimp and Dwarf seahorses that I will be importing next spring. I am getting things cycled and in order well in advance. The major thing is I need to make sure there are no nasty hitchhikers that will eat seahorse fry. I can always get live rock from a lfs and have to trust it I guess. I can always clutlure deadrock from live sand. So I guess sand and water is the big thing right now - although a safe live rock source would be nice.

I started my journey into SW about 4 years ago with a 20 gallon. After setting up my 100g, my 20 sat there for a quarantine tank. DiDn't do anything with it and it kinda got away from me. Cleaned it out last weekend, new water, rock into my 100gallon sump to re-seed it and starting to cycle it again in hopes of selling it. If this is something that interest you let me know, I'm in Innisfail, an hour away from C-town.