Guppies Post Partum

Raven

Just wondering what sort of things can happen to the girls after they have given birth. My black Female had her third and largest batch a couple weeks ago, and once transferred to the new main tank she along with all the other Guppies hid out. A day later the Blue had her 1st seen batch, out loose in the fry tank like suggested, she's been hiding since transferred too. I missed the Albinos birth, but she was suddenly skinny. And the new Yellow i'm still waiting on, she's been in the fry tank over a week. Thought she was close, guess i was wrong but she's got a safe place to wait now.

Since then, the Black has turned up dead, the Albino still lives but she's running out of time, her swimming is horrible. She's almost constantly upside down or on her side. The Blue still hides. In the fry tank the Yellow seems fine.

I have seen no sign of the Flamingo Male in a while.

I have no clue what's going on.

OK, so after some more watching I've boiled it down to a possible cause. The AH Tiger Barb. He has single hand-idly killed the 3 other barbs he used to be with, he picks on the Diamond and Congo Tetras, and the Guppies. I'm starting to think that the stress he's up on the girls caused them to die. The Blue is still in hiding and her fins are more torn up then I've ever seen them. Her fins where perfect before. So, even though I've designed the tank to have lots of ground cover, I've no floating plants for top cover. With the Amecas in mind, what could i use??

Not really at least with these 2. They can be bossy, makes it funny to watch a male Ameca and the Male Krib square off. Looks a bit dancey. The Kribs are the only ones they really have a problem with ( Prehaps its the history of them eating their fry that bugs them) They don't bug anyone else as much.