Cleaning A Tank With New Krib Babies

Guppygirl

My kribs just had fry in the planted community tank, and are fairly good parents it seems(first timers). They are very skittish and dart off whenever disturbed. So I was wondering how should I go about cleaning the tank. I noticed today that there is quite abit of stuff on the substrate. I don't want to worry about fungus and other problems that can arise in fry from a dirty tank. But I fear that the gravel sucker will suck up the fry, or will totally freak out the parents and the fry could be lunch for the guppies. The tank is also fairly heavily planted with crypts and chain sword so don't want to disturb those either. Any help would be great. Thanks. Krib fry are so cute when they school around and under mom. :heart: :thumbs:

Buy the time the are 3 weeks, possible sooner, you'll have to remove them from mom and dad as they'll start to breed again. I did water changes mainly just with a cup in the 29 G. If i had to gravel vac i stayed away from the cave/area mom and kids were in. Though i found with moving slowly they aren't disturbed as much and are capable of moving out of the way if they are close. Though keep any eye on them. Moving slow and not stirring up the water too much seems to help reduce mom and dads stress in the first week or so.