2 CYPRICHROMIS LEPTOSOMA "LIVUA"

2 SYNODONTIS MULTIPUNCTATUS

2 TROPHEUS DUBOISI "MASWA

2 TROPHEUS MOORII "KAZUMBE"

3 TROPHEUS SP. BLACK "PEMBA"

4 NEOLAMPROLOGUS LELEUPI "KARLIANI"

2 ALTOLAMPROLOGUS COMPRESSICEPS "CAPE CHAITIKA

1 NEOLAMPROLOGUS PULCHER

The natural prey of the cyphotilapia in Lake Tanganyika are cyprichromis so I would only keep one of those. I would only keep one type of tropheus and they would do best in a group of at least 10. As well they are quite active and sometimes frontosas don't like that much activity, it might stress them. I'm assuming they will be going into the 125 gallon tank.

I would go either with:

1 - Cyphotilapia Gibberosa species tank

2 - Tropheus species tank

or

3 - Cyprichromis, Neolamprologus leleupi and Altolamprologus compressiceps community

The natural prey of the cyphotilapia in Lake Tanganyika are cyprichromis so I would only keep one of those. I would only keep one type of tropheus and they would do best in a group of at least 10. As well they are quite active and sometimes frontosas don't like that much activity, it might stress them. I'm assuming they will be going into the 125 gallon tank.

I would go either with:

1 - Cyphotilapia Gibberosa species tank

2 - Tropheus species tank

or

3 - Cyprichromis, Neolamprologus leleupi and Altolamprologus compressiceps community

I totally agree.

If you are using a 125 you would want a larger group of trophs and you could probably get away with two larger groups, 15 - 20 of the dubosi maswa and 15 - 20 Moori Kazumba. The trophs do better if they're packed in there and the frontosa like to have their own space, you could start with 12 frontosa but in the end once they've grown a bit and you get rid of some males Ideally you'd end up with 6- 8 frontosa.

Edited by Noodles

Good advice given, but I'll add my experience.

You can mix the tropheus species (duboisi and moorii) as they will mostly ignore each other and other fish that don't look like them, but amongst themselves they need a group of at least 10.

Although Trohpeus will mostly ignore other fish they are boisterous and constantly active, so that usually stresses out more mellow fish.

• 2 weeks later...

My tanganyikan tank is quite similar to your prospective one, without the tropheus or frontosa, and I am totally happy with the look and interaction of the fish. It's a little more similar to the natural environment, too; you would not find this many fish in 125 gallons in the wild. :)

If you are planning on breeding any of the mouth brooders on your list then the S. multies won't work either as they will interrupt the spawning and try to drop their own eggs. The fronts will feed on any fish small enough to fit in it's mouth so all the "Lamps" will probably disappear over time.

:beer:

Cheers